Good evening. Join me for a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin, while I dig out the recipe for tonight.
Oh, this is a good one.
Remember, if you don’t have the ingredients to make it this time there is a whole waiting-for-payday recipes category to the right.
8 slices of bread
plain old prepared yellow mustard — like the stuff you would put on a hot dog
1 pound of sliced ham
1/2 pound American or Swiss cheese
2 cups of milk
1. Using the bread, ham, cheese, mayo, and mustard, make 4 ham and cheese sandwiches.
2. Cut them crosswise into 4 triangles each
3. In a pan about the size of a sheet of paper… the closest I have is 7 1/2 by 11 1/4…it works fine.
Where was I?
Ah yes, stand each little sandwich triangle so the point without crust is up.
4. Beat together the eggs and milk and pour them all over the sandwiches.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
This is so the sandwiches soak up the egg milk mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit ( a medium oven ) for about 40 minutes until puffy and golden.
Due to the appearance, this recipe took several dives out my childhood bedroom window, before I would even try it. However, once I tasted it, I learned to make it myself and still make it frequently. So filling. So warm and good.
If you don’t have enough stuff to make a whole pan or you are just cooking for 2, cut the recipe in half and bake it in a bread loaf pan.
Don’t forget a veggie and fruit to balance out your meal.