Okay, so this one can also be done with sweet potatoes, if you’ve got them. Either way is great. Combine them if you like: 2 baking potatoes and 1 sweet potato. Your choice.
Crispy Parmesan Potato Wedges
3 medium baking potatoes or sweet potatoes
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon paprika
a pinch of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
pinch or two of pepper
1. Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 6 to eight wedges.
2. Coat the wedges with the oil.
3. Put the rest of the ingredients into a gallon size baggie and mix.
4. Add the potatoes and shake to coat.
Think Shake ‘n’ Bake.
5. Place the coated potatoes on a sheet pan in a single layer.
6. Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until the potatoes are tender.
Enjoy them hot, but don’t burn your mouth in your excitement.
Will you make them the same next time or tinker with the spices?
For other frugal cooking ideas, check the waiting-for-payday category at the right.
Join me in about half an hour for the 1st edition of the Neighborly Advice weekend magazine. A few neighbors and I have gotten together to share some beginner articles on backyard livestock, preserving, cooking, baking, knitting, etc. Join the fun as we challenge you to learn a new skill.