So, there seem to be an awful lot of very colorful hardboiled eggs in your fridge. What are you going to do with them all?
Well, yes, I do have a few ideas. How about we start with…
6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled
1/2 teaspoon.dry mustard or 2 Tablespoons of prepared mustard.
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch onion powder
light pinch pepper (white pepper will disappear better)
Salad dressing or mayonnaise, enough to moisten into a light paste
1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
1. Slice each egg in half lengthwise (top to bottom)
2. Gently remove the yolk from the white.
Be careful not to tear the white.
3. In a small bowl mash the yolks with the mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper and chili sauce.
4. Mix in just enough salad dressing or mayonnaise to make a light paste.
5. Spoon a little of the yolk mixture into hollow of each egg white.
For a nicer appearance, squeeze into each egg white hollow using a patry bag with a star tip.
6. Sprinkle with paprika.
8. Arrange on a bed of lettuce to serve on a chilled plate.
My father begs for these every Summer, complaining that no one ever makes them anymore. Poor Pop. One of these days…
Other hard boiled egg recipes:
Eggs Goldenrod — Main dish
After Easter Casserole — Main dish
Shu’s Pickled Eggs — Snack from King Biscuit Pants
(Neighbor Nancy changes her kitchen apron for her grimy garden on and flies out the door with a bang)